Nitric Acid- Physical Properties:
– a colourless liquid (but commercial nitric acid is yellowish brown in colour)
– suffocating smell
– has an acidic taste
– density – 1.54g/cm³ of 98% nitric acid.
– density- commericial nitric acid of 68% is 1.42g/cm³.
– boiling point- 86 degree centigrade
– melting point -42 degree centigrade
– soluble in water in all proporations
– highly corrosive
– a strong oxidizing agent
– highly explosive with sodium, potassium and calcium
– is unstable to heat or sunlight
– changes color when reacting with metals